TyrkiaNytt.no
  • Tyrkia
  • Reiseguider
  • Reisehjelp
  • Bo i Tyrkia
  • Süper Lig
  • Kontakt oss
  • Tyrkia
  • Reiseguider
  • Reisehjelp
  • Süper Lig
  • Bolig
  • Kontakt Oss
  • Om Oss
  • Kontakt Oss
  • Personvern
  • Cookiepolicy
  • Redaksjonell policy
  • Rettelser og kilder
Redaksjonen2024-10-17T18:29:53+02:00
Tyrkias17.10.2024

1st ship carrying civilians evacuated from Lebanon arrives in Türkiye

The first amphibious warfare ship of the Turkish Naval Forces carrying civilians evacuated from Lebanon reached Türkiye‘s southern port of Mersin on Thursday.

The TCG Bayraktar left the port of Beirut, where the evacuation operation was carried out, and docked at Mersin’s port.

The 588 people on board will disembark after the completion of procedures.

The TCG Sancaktar, the other amphibious warship evacuating civilians from Lebanon, is expected to arrive in Türkiye’s southern Mersin province in the coming hours with 378 people on board.

Those disembarking from the first ship were greeted by Deputy Foreign Minister Burhanettin Duran, Mersin Governor Ali Hamza Pehlivan and other officials.

At the welcome ceremony, Duran expressed great satisfaction for safely receiving the civilians after a long and exhausting journey.

«These two ships have also delivered nearly 300 tons of humanitarian aid to Beirut. In this context, we are continuing to record the evacuation requests received by our consulate’s call center,» he said.

«If needed, we are prepared to organize new evacuations based on future applications,» he added.

Sources at the Turkish Foreign Ministry said that around 1,900 Turkish citizens had declared their intention to be evacuated from Lebanon.

They said that 966 people, including 878 citizens of Türkiye and 24 from the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), were evacuated by the Turkish ships.

They added that news that foreign citizens were given priority in boarding the ships was absolutely not true.

The TCG Bayraktar and TCG Sancaktar delivered 300 tons of humanitarian aid materials collected at the initiative of the Turkish Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) to the port of Beirut.

After unloading the cargo, the ships returned to Türkiye accompanied by two frigates and two patrol ships.

Israel has been mounting massive airstrikes across Lebanon against what it claims are Hezbollah targets since Sept. 23, killing at least 1,323 people, injuring over 3,700 others and displacing more than 1.2 million people.

The aerial campaign was an escalation in yearlong cross-border warfare between Israel and Hezbollah since the start of Tel Aviv’s brutal offensive on the Gaza Strip, which has killed over 42,000 people, mostly women and children, since a cross-border incursion by the Palestinian group Hamas on Oct. 7 last year.

Kilde: Anews

 

Legg igjen en kommentar Avbryt svar

Din e-postadresse vil ikke bli publisert. Obligatoriske felt er merket med *


Related Posts

'Madmen'-tropper minnes med festival

'Madmen'-tropper minnes med festival BURSA En tradisjon i den nordvestlige provinsen Bursa for å hedre "Deliler" (Madmen) kavalerister som... read more

Anklager om overgrep mot barn vekker raseri i den sørøstlige byen

Anklager om overgrep mot barn vekker raseri i den sørøstlige byen ŞANLIURFA En påstand om at en syrisk statsborger... read more

Erdoğan stemmer for omløpsvalget i Istanbul

Erdoğan stemmer for omløpsvalget i Istanbul ISTANBUL President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan har stemt for Türkiyes første presidentvalg noensinne på... read more

Ung kvinnes organdonasjon redder seks liv

Ung kvinnes organdonasjon redder seks liv İZMİR En 28 år gammel kvinne som gikk bort på grunn av en... read more

Den tyrkiske presidenten tar imot den polske parlamentsformannen i Ankara

read more

Erdoğan legger til 5 prosent til tjenestemenns lønn, pensjonister

Erdoğan legger til 5 prosent til tjenestemenns lønn, pensjonister ANKARA President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan har lovet ytterligere 5 prosent... read more

Historisk Vaniköy-moske, ødelagt i brann, restaurert

Historisk Vaniköy-moske, ødelagt i brann, restaurert Fatma Aksu- ISTANBUL Den 358 år gamle Vaniköy-moskeen i Istanbuls Üsküdar-distrikt, som ble... read more

40 migrantsmuglere tatt i operasjoner over hele landet

Nyheter Tyrkiye 20. mai 2024 15:49:22 40 migrantsmuglere tatt i operasjoner over hele landet ANKARA Tyrkiske myndigheter har... read more

Overlevende klamrer seg til livet i lange timer etter jordskjelvet

Redningsaksjonene etter et av de dødeligste jordskjelvene i moderne tyrkisk historie fortsetter i full fart, med dusinvis av tusenvis av... read more

FM advarer ettersom Iran-missiler øker frykten for smitteeffekt

FM advarer ettersom Iran-missiler øker frykten for smitteeffekt ANKARA Utenriksminister Hakan Fidan har reist internasjonal alarm over Irans nylige... read more
TyrkiaNytt.no

TyrkiaNytt.no samler nyheter, reiseguider og praktisk informasjon for nordmenn som følger Tyrkia, reiser til Tyrkia eller vurderer å bo i Tyrkia.

Nyheter Reiseguider Bo i Tyrkia

Meny

Tyrkia Reiseguider Reisehjelp Bo i Tyrkia Süper Lig Kontakt oss

Reisehjelp

Valuta Visum Taxi i Tyrkia Vaktapotek Reisebudsjett

Guider

Istanbul Antalya Alanya Side Bodrum
© 2026 TyrkiaNytt.no. Alle rettigheter reservert.
Om oss Kontakt Personvern Cookies Til toppen ↑